David Smidt is the owner of Senior Discounts and he invites our readers to join his Senior Discounts at a reduced fee. They offer 3 different membership packages (one is a free membership), all offering discounts at:
- Shopping & Retail
- Driver safety course,
- Car rental,
- Auto insurance,
- Health & Nutrition
- Home & Garden
- Legal & Financial Services
- Medical & Pharmacy
- Brain Fitness program,
- Pass to the National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands for only $10…
- Over 140,000 discounts waiting for you..
Join today! Senior Disounts.
Once signed up – you receive a FREE SeniorDiscounts Newsletter offering:
- Hundreds of dollars worth of discounts every week
- Information on how and where to locate senior discounts
- Discussions on issues importatnt to you
- Great trivia with opportunities to win great prizes
- All this will be delivered to your e-mail every week, free!
Here’s a sample of what you will read in the weekly Newsletter:
Gas Saving Tips
Date: May 22, 2008
Author: David Smidt, SeniorDiscounts
Gas prices are at an all time high and it doesn’t look like they will be coming down any time soon. Here are some tips and techniques you can use to help save gas.
- Use non-brand name gas. Most non-brand name gas stations use the exact same product as the brand names.
- Use the correct grade of gas. Premium grade is not always the best for cars. Find out what is recommended by the manufacturer of your car and use the lowest recommended grade.
- Don’t top off. Studies have shown that the “top off” usually remains in the hose or is lost to evaporation.
- Overfilling can also result in sloshing over and out of tank.
- Buy gasoline during the coolest time of day such as early mornings or late evenings. This will give you the biggest bang for your buck. Gasoline is densest when it is cool and you are purchasing for gas by volume not by density.
- Try to fill up only when your car is on empty as a full tank is heavier and leads to less fuel economy.
- Tighten up that gas cap after filling up. Loose, missing or damaged gas caps cause over 147 million gallons of gas to evaporate each year, according to the Car Care Council.
Read the full story on Senior Discounts..
Thank you for visiting Senior Services Savings. Please tell us in the comment below a few of your treasured discounts that you have found in your city or state. Just add it to the comment below. Fabulous! If you have questions, email Carol@WorkingCaregiver.com.